Sunday, July 6, 2008

Festival Time

Yesterday was the start of the festival season for Haddenham Hoofers - two festivals in a day!

We started off at the Buckingham Festival at lunchtime, performing outside the old gaol in the town centre.










The Hoofers' Band - Ed Houghton (guitar) Tim Brooks (fiddle) me (double bass) Tim Mason (5 string banjo) and Penny Heydon (fiddle)

We then went on to the Haddenham Beer Festival to perform in the afternoon. The weather stayed sunny (despite the forecast) and the Beer Festival was extremely busy.


This photo shows the Hoofers getting ready for the first dance with the beer festival crowds looking on.

The Haddenham Hoofers are performing at the Sidmouth Folk Festival 1-8 August and Towersey Village Festival 21-25 August

1 comment:

Rob Windstrel Watson said...

Hi Adrian

It's good to hear from you and thanks for your visit to my festivals and sessions site.

In answer to your question about other people with blogs about folk music, I've also looked and not found many.

There are lots of non-interactive web sites and of course lots of musicians in the social networking communities which seem to have blog features but, to me, the myspace community is a little closed and I prefer the open web approach of blogs and Blogger is a great place to start.

I wonder if musicians are not really very articulate (apart from yourself) when it comes to blogs because it is about words not sounds.

Perhaps doing both is the ideal.

I'll set up a feed widget to pick up your posts titles and put them on my site.

I feel blogs like ours provide a really useful service because they provide much more of a flavour of sessions and festivals than just a calendar advertisement :-)